Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disk staging on NBU 5 NT server not being cleared down 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonpbristow

Technical User
Dec 11, 2003
Hi All

Im having some problems with my new disk staging system that i have implemented recently.

I have scheduled the images on disk to be duplicated to tape every three hours.
The problem I am getting is that the 500Gb disk keeps filling up. The images are still present on disk even though they have been moved to tape.
The way i understand how it works is that once the image has been duplicated tio tape is stays ion disk until the drive gets full then the oldest images are deleted.

This isnt happening!!!!! Can anyone help????

The disk staging file system will ALWAYS be full. That is how it is designed. The problem occurs when 1) the files can't get to tape and 2) the backup fails or is killed and the images are left on the disk staging unit. I have a script that will help you monitor that occurence if you are interested. However, remember that the file system will still be full so that the chance of restoring from disk is maximized.

SYJL

That would be great Could you paste the script onto thisd site so I could copy it off. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back