Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disk Space Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbob2002

Programmer
May 21, 2002
GB
Would anybody be able to shed any light on a problem that my team are experiencing at work. We are running a macro in MS Access which outputs a snapshot report. However, when the report is meant to be created an error occurs - "The report Snapshot was not created as you do not have enough free disk space for temporary work files"

Many thanks,

James

I'd check the free disk space on the machine of the current user - and remember to take into account quotas if they are in place on the machine on the folder where it is being saved.
This applies to network shares and local disks if the PC runs Win2K or XP.

John

Hi Guys,

I too am getting the dreaded ...
The report snapshot was not created because you don’t have enough free disk space for temporary work files
... message.

I am not using quotas, the output folder is valid and there's plenty of disk spaces. When I change the user to an administrator, the program works perfectly. Change it back to limited user and the problem returns.

Any thoughts?

Greg

GregFrench,
There is something rights related going on there. Have you tried navigating to the folder and creating a simple text file to make sure the user has write access to the folder or the Access system process for that matter. You may just set the permissions to Everyone on the folder and test it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back