Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disk or Network error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
My users are getting this message about twice daily. We are running a A2K DB from the network and through terminal server.

I am wondering if this is a problem with terminal server or access itself.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
-Ned

Are you using Btrieve? If so run the Btrieve v6.x NLM with the v6.x version of BREQUEST or WBTRCALL.DLL, or make sure all files accessed with the client WBTRCALL.DLL are stored in v5.x format. If you don't have these, I think you have to purchase them from Novell.

Or

How about this?

Ned

I can think of (at least) a dozen things which may cause this error. Access is at the very bottom of the totem pole.

Any problems with your network will be reported by a database complaining when it needs to read/write. In other words, a database will alert you to an intermittent network problem, whereas simple file sharing may not.

It is impossible to troubleshoot from my vantage point. I can tell you some problems our company had to deal with.

1) NT4 Terminal server has problems, upgrade to 2000
2) terminal server licenses may behave in unexpected ways
3) Network shared drives are temporarily down
4) Bandwith (many sub-issues)
5) etc

it's dinner time - do not have time to write more. I am sure there are others who can offer other suggestions

I have used het post-SP2 hotfix Q272582 to resolve the problem. We experienced this on a W2K-terminal Server with Citrix Metaframe and using a MDB-file on a network share.

Keep the forum informed about your progress...

Greetings,
Chris MARREEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back