Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disk Manager "Access Denied" on W2K DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfie1

Technical User
Jul 18, 2001
GB
I have a number sites all managed from a central location. All replication is managed throught the central location via 2 DCs. On central location nothing much changes. Recently I discovered that if logged on with a dom admin a/c I get access to disk manager is denied! Q233402 mentions the symptoms in a minor way but doesn't answer it?
Anyone else had this - search doesn't work either. The same a/c can run diskmanager on DCs in the other locations.

Check the log on locally policies it is possible that this server has more permissons that allow only certain user names to access it.

Thanks for that. The local security policy doesn't seem to be any different from the DCs that are working and the log on locally. But it did set me think in a different direction. I can run disk manager for the DC if I do it from 1 of the boxes that is working OK. So I think it is something local on that box. There is an odd user entry for logon as a service. If you have any other thoughts I'd appriciate them.
Thanks
Alfie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back