Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

disk full when it isn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

koresnordic

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2002
GB
HI,

It's been a while since I was around (long time between jobs). Sorry about that.

In my new position I have a problem with one user. On the server there is an area open to all (called public). In this area, several people have created thier own directories. This particular user has a selection of excel files that he shares with others. At the moment, when he opens a reasonable sized file (7mb), amends it and trys to save back, he gets a disk full message. The disk is not full at all. I have asked him try a few things: He can save to his local drive and move the file over, he can create / save a very small file directly into the directory, but even when trying to "save as" into the directory, it doesn't work. It sounds to me like an allocation problem, but it has been soo long since I touched on this, I have mis-remembered how to check /amend this.

thanks for looking.

Graham

OK, found it.. It was a problem with the quote for the user and not the shared space.

[pc]

Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back