Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disk Failure on Netfinity 5100

Status
Not open for further replies.

riclap

MIS
Apr 20, 2005
AR
After a crash on a RAID 1 disk, we replaced it only to find that the alert yellow light on the front of the server doesn´t vanishes.

After trying diferent bays we have not found the cause for this problem.

Someone has had same incident? How did it got solved? Is there something I can do to test the system?

Thanks all
Ricardo

Boot into the BIOS and clear the event in the event viewer.

On my servers I hit CTRL+I to do this

Thks. Finally the problem was a very old Microcode in the Raid card. The new HDD was an Ultra 320 drive vs. a U160 original drive. We had to get the latest driver for Win 2000 and afterwards upgrade the card microcode. Once we had done this, the disks began synch'ing.

We still have the problem of the Alert yellow sign on the fron panel. Seems this comes from the signature of the disk ( IBM dixit ).

BTW: the first HDD is a IBM ( Mfg. by Seagate ) drive and the new one is a Seagate drive ( not signed by IBM ).

Hope this helps others with the same problem.
Ricardo

The bang light <!> indicates an error in the Service Processor log. At your next maintenance window, reboot the server, selecting F1 when prompted and have a look at the log. It could be a residual message from the HDD failure, or an indication that the SP log is more than 75% full. In either case, clearing the log will turn off the bang light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back