Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disk error, how to restore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeDam

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2001
BE
Hello,
We have a disk problem :

lspv :
hdisk0 00205090781e2f35 rootvg
hdisk1 00203923060c82ae netwvg
hdisk2 00205090781e4d5b netwvg

But hdisk2 is down (errpt have DISK_ERR4, DISK_ERR2 and DISK_ERR1).

We have another server with the same hadware. How can we export "netwvg" to that server? Should i use a backup, one mksysb backup and an other for this vg? Or is there better solution?
Thanks for helping...

Depends what is your goal.

Normally you would replace the faulty disk,recreate the VG,restore the data from backup.
mksysb will not help - it backs up rootvg only.

Why should this vg be exported to another server ? "Long live king Moshiach !"

Because it's old server. This one is not on a contract of maintenance. This disk would never be replace.
So i'm trying to export netwvg to another server. It's only this VG that we use.

You can only export this vg if hdisk1 and hdisk2 are mirrored, or hdisk2 is not completely down and you are sure the data there is intact.

But if not and the vg is still varied on then you can do a vg backup. But some applications never work perfectly with vg backups

Ok thanks, could you remember me what's command should i use to make a backup of that VG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back