Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disk diagnostics

Status
Not open for further replies.

breaz25

MIS
Jun 17, 2003
US
Is there any utility I can run to diagnose a disk? I have used dd comand to read the blocks. I don't think there is any problems with the disk but the users said database files got corrupted and seem to think it is a hardware problem and want me to test it. I reinitilized it in veratas manager, created new volume and restored files. Thanks

Hi,

Have u tried STM(System Tools Management). It can do online diagnostics on your server.

cheers,

Mok

Hi

Are you getting hardware errors reported to syslog?

Make sure that EMS is running and monitoring your disk.

I guess that your disk is not mirrored - is this something you might want to think about if this is important data.

Good Luck

There are no errors in syslog. Ems agent is running. I reintialized the disk back into veritas and then try to run a fsck on the file system and it will it will pass then it will fail. Maybe I need a system patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back