Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Discovery using seed file

Status
Not open for further replies.

wguimb

MIS
Jan 28, 2002
US
I just downloaded the NNM 6.2 eval and want to install it on a Win2K machine. Since I am on a 10,000+ node network, I want to limit my discovery by specifying the routers in a seed file. I built a seed file and updated netmon.lrf to point to it, but I can't get ovaddobj to complete successfully. Here is what it shows:

ovaddobj - Static Registration Utility
ERROR: Invalid value in LRF record #18, Pause Flag field. (OVs 1-13)

and here is the line in netmon.lrf:

OVs_YES_START:eek:vtopmd,pmd,ovwdb: -P -k segRedux=true -s "D:\HPOpenView\NNM\conf\seedfile.txt":OVs_WELL_BEHAVED:15:pAUSE

I used a loadhost file for my setup and it worked well. The command was loadhost -m subnet-mask filename.

That's for reminding me about the loadhosts command, that also is good for limiting the scope of the discovery. I finally figured out what I was doing wrong on the netmon.lrf setting. On Windows 2000 or NT, you have to put an extra backslash \ after the drive letter and before the colon (since the colon is the delimiter)... ie..
D\:\HPOpenView\NNM\conf\seedfile.txt

I would implement a discovery filter to limit what is discovered. Your message may be from your netmon.lrf file. Did you hit return after the PAUSE keyword. That whole line should be one line with no returns in it.

Hello wguimb,

Netmon.lrf is quite picky about syntax:

Use -s D\:\HPOpenView\NNM\conf\seedfile.txt insetad of -s D:\HPOpenView\NNM\conf\seedfile.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back