Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Discovers systems but won't install client???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobascojojo

Technical User
Oct 1, 2003
US
I have SMS set up right now and have configured Network Discovery. It found all the systems in the network but it won't do a client install. I have Client Push Installation configured but when I go into Collections and see all systems, none of the systems on the network are clients. Its been about 2 days. I even tried to install the client manually through the SMS Console by right clicking on a system in collections and selecting All Tasks>Install Client. That didn't work either. Is there something I am missing here?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Another thing is, in Site Properties under the Accounts tab, I can't set the SMS Service Account because the the "Set" button is greyed out and the default account entry is Local System. I think that this might be the problem but I can't even set the SMS Service Account. What should I do?

Well, I actually found out what the problem was. I was running in Advanced Security mode which set the SMS Service Account to Local System. I had to reinstall SMS to run Standard Security. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back