Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Discover on Ip Phones 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

magix2kewl

Vendor
Apr 3, 2005
US
I am attempting to use a Netgear FVS318 at both ends to connect a 5610 to a 406 or an SOE, etc. The phone will pull the files from TFTP server and then go into a discover mode when attempting to connect to the IP Office. I am only having this problem with Netgear, Sonicwall and Fortinet routers have worked fine. The ports I am pointing at the IP Office are 1718-1720 and 1731 for audio call control. Is there anything else I am missing?

Are there any new updates on this thread. I am having the same problem with 2 318v3 vpn routeres. I can ping the ipo and the phone from both locations. The phone trys to pull the tftp file but the tftp log in managers says that it can not send it. any help would appreciated.

I just opened a ticket with Netgear through their Powershift Partner program. I spoke with an engineer and then sent him a follow-up e-mail stating my specific problem along with a copy of this post to let him know we're all having the same problem. He's supposed to pass it up to Tier 3 and Engineering to see where they are in the process of getting the problem resolved.

Excerpt from the e-mail I received back from Netgear support:

"The issue you are currently having has been identified in several other cases and has been reported to our engineers for further review. We are currently looking into the problem for a solution, but at the moment there has been no statement from engineering in regards to an ETA for a fix.
However, I do have a meeting scheduled with corporate this week, and I will check to see if there is any further information that can be provided on the status of this issue.

Actually I am already working with Tier 3/ They have asked me to send them trace files to reproduce the problem. They shoulfd have them tonight... Stay tuned

Magix

FYI - Netgear now has the Trace files so the ball is in their court......

Magix was kewl but IP Office is kewler

Okay,

Here is the latest and I quote =

"Thanks, Randy.
I forwarded the capture to engineering.
The bug has been classified on the highest priority escalation list.
I will update you once I get response back from engineering."

Magix

By the way jconrad that is what this whole thread is about....

Thanks i was just making sure. I am not able to get the phone to pull the 46xxupgrade.scr from the tftp server. any ideas?

magix. do you have a case number for the issue or anything so i can show it to my customers as proof?

Case # is 2511667 - By the way I just got a Beta of the Firmware to test - will try it tonight.

magix what is your setup on the vpn and the ipo. i upgraded the firmware to the release. now i can see the phone trying to register but the the display still says dicovering ip. I have all of the ports needed fowarded to the phone and the ip system. any thoughts?

jconrad0305 are you trying to forward through the firewall?

If you are doing vpn to vpn device you don't need to forward any ports.

i made rules on the router to allow the required ports to go through the firewall on the router via forwarding. so you are saying that i can delete those rules and then it will allow anything to flow through the vpn. I had some one else setup the vpn, is there anything else that i need to do on the vpn side?

Just make sure your tunnels are up then point the tftp to the server on the remote end. Point the Call Server to the Ip office, and make sure you run shcp on the Local end.
Program the phone ip address at 0.0.0.0 and the same with the router and mask. Also make susre you do not specify an Ip address in the Voip (extension) tab under extensions.
One last thing, On the LAN IP Setup tab in the router change the MTU size to custom and make it 1404.

That should do it.

Magix

okay so i am feeling a little stupid. I know these ip phones are not that hard. But i still can not get it to work. I can see the unregistered phone when i go into monitor but i will not register. The phone can pull the tftp files from the ipo abut it simple says discover ip. I changed the mtu to 1404 and it still does not work. I have 2 sites connected via vpn that is working. i can see all of the pc's and ping the ipo and the phone. the main site

192.168.134.205 ipo
192.168.4.3 is the remote phone.

i have an ip route set up so that any adddress goes out the lan. any more ideas?

Can you ping the IPO from the remote on it's internal address?

magix2kewl you are the MAN!!! Just upgraded the router and the phone popped right up! Thanks for all your effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back