Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disconnects while no user at VMPro

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulentbuster1

Technical User
Jan 27, 2003
TR
Hi Everybody;

I have problem like that.I have Voicemail Pro with 10 ports rls3.0. I made some call flows that transfers directlty to the dialed extensions.But when the caller dials an extension that doesnt programmed at the IP office site it disconnect the call.I will have to make an anouncement that these unprogrramed extensions will have to go there when dialeds.I am using IP406 version 3.0.44.

I also tried tomake supervised transfer but at that time I couldnt send the calls to the voicemail when thhey are busy for ?ncoming calls from this call flow.

Is there anybody who can give me the solution.

Thanks

The easiest way to accomplish this would be to add the extension numbers that have no users in the IPO user tab. Then forward them to a call flow or msg that says you have dialed a invalid extension. If someone dialed 140 and nobody uses 140, it would transfer to the user 140 you created in the IPO and it would then forward to where ever you send it. This is the easiest way to do it that i know of. The other way would be to add every user in the touchtone menu including invalid extensions that dont exist. I think there is a limit to how many touchtones can be used in a menu as well, so that wont work for you. Hope this helps.

Yes you are right I tried both of them .First think is OK but there are alot of extesnions that I will have tp proram .The second think again you are right.There is a limitation.So any other solutions Pls

The easies solution is to creat a short code that routes to a VM Pro Anouncement for the no-existant extn numbers

example if you extns are in the range 200-299 then the following short code

SC: 2XX
Number: Invalid
Feature VoicemailNode

will route any number that does nbot exist to a Vouicmail start point of Invalid.

Ok but there are also extensions 201 used 209 used 217 used etc... then I will have to program all of them one by one. as a shortcode.And also you are right it is a solution too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back