Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disconnecting a call 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

riteeh

Programmer
Mar 2, 2004
CA
Hello,

Can anyone tell me if there is an easy method to obtain a list of extensions that are currently on a call from within the PBX? Also is it possible to disconnect calls while one is in progress? If so how would I go about accomplishing this?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

system type?
Trunk type?

Yes, you can disconnect calls. Just unplug the circuit. That's the easiest. May not be the nicest, but it is easy.

on a 200 this is relatively easy thru the maintenace interface.

On a 3300 not so easy but not impossible either.

Need to know which before investing more effort.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Sorry for the lack of information in my original reply.

paterson,

Thanks for the response. I am hoping to be able to do this via software if possible.

kwbMitel,

If it is possible through a maintenance port that would be excellent. I am interested this capability in both the 200 and 3300 platforms.

Any input or suggestions you can provide are greatly appreciated!

For the 200. (from memory so some things will not be exact)

reports/show/status then Bay/Slt/Cct of trunk(s)

cursor to trunk that is not idle and press 1 (CPDWA)

On the CPDWA display of the trunk you will have an option to display other device and this will tell you who is talking on the trunk.

Force release is done from the diagnostics tab then More

For the 3300 (again memory involved)

maintenace commands
Status X X X X (PLID of Trunk(s)) Less digits in PLID = Matching Range.

Trunks in use will display a process number.

Status X X X X (PLID of Extensions) IP phones will be Bay 1 shelf 1 slots 1 - 12?

Phones in use will have the same process number as the trunks.

Force release is a 2 step process
First Busy X X X X (Plid of trunk)
You will be given option of Force, Courtesy or (not sure)
Then you need to RTS X X X X to return to service.

kwbMitel,

Excellent, thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question and provide me with this information.

PLID for IP phones is not assigned to each set. TAPI or MiTAI can give much more information. And it is possible to make,receive and drop calls using third party control application

I disagree with slapin

I just tested this process for the 3300 and it worked fine.

I was guessing at the PLID and it appears the phones are programmed starting at 1 3 X X

The phone's PLID was 1 3 1 121 (as found by state ext XXXX)

The process matched the one of the trunk

Hello,

Is it possible to disable the phone instead of disconnecting a call as this may be a more viable option for me.

Thanks!

Can I ask what you are trying to accomplish?

There might be much better ways.

Hello,

I am attempting to create an application that we can use to disconnect phones once a user has exceeded X number of minutes. We have everything in place, just trying to figure out the best way to accomplish this. Perhaps disabling the actual phone would be the best solution.

Thanks!

Or you could just use the Call Duration feature. There are "Call Duration" and "Call Duration Forced Cleardown Timer" options in COS to control this. From the docs:

"Call Duration Control

Description

Call Duration Control allows a maximum time limit to be set on telephone calls. After the duration maximum is reached, users receive a warning tone indicating that calls in progress will be cleared down. A grace period may be established to allow users to finish their calls. However during the grace period, no features are available. For example, recalls from held parties are connected only long enough for the user to hear a warning tone and have the call cleared down. At the end of the grace period, another warning tone is issued and calls are cleared down.

Call Duration may also be set on trunks. If a trunk reaches its duration maximum before that of the end device, the end device attached to the trunk will receive call duration tones.

TAPI is invented exactly for this task. You just need to purchase Mitel SDK and you can have full control over the system. Your application can monitor state of each phone and even dial RAD with a warning message when user is trying to make a call after quota has been exceeded.

Excellent, thank you both for the information.

I would use Lundah's suggestion for the 3300. The 200 has something called meter pulses but I've never used them and I don't know if it disconnects or just prevents new calls once the meter pulses are exceeded.

As for the TAPI suggestion, Mitel is discontining the TAPI integration and has not yet adopted a new format.

The Mitel SDK is no longer available from Mitel. I went looking for it a couple of weeks ago and my TAM (technical account manager) provided the news.

As I understood it is some sort of limiting based on quotas per line, so the application most likely will check usage against a database and set limits. Using command interface or setting up COS on per line basis doesn't look very attractive to me. May be I'm overcomplicating and task is really simple and requires one time setup based on requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back