Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

disconnect supervision

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoaster

Technical User
Sep 26, 2002
CA
can you set a 500/2500 analoge station tn to provide or pass "disconnect supervision" the momentary removal of battery from the tn to signal other equipment (ie norstar) that the calling party has hung up? Thanks in advance

On the Norstar the make a device call VMI interface. It lets you hook up nonpropritary voicemail units to Norstar and should work with 500/2500 sets off another switch for disconnect supervision.
Good Luck!!

I think my post wasn't clear..... but what I am asking is can an analoge station port on the m1(opt 11c) be programmed to provide/pass disconect supervision. so that the 11c can be used as a mini telco in our lab.
thanks for the reply executone

Use an OPS analog line card. This card is often used when providing analog lines to a Key System.

apparently the ops card can not be used in the 11c ( I didn't specify the cabnet ) the NT1R20 ops line card is only good in the 51c/61c/and 81c. aside from "line disconnect tone" there is no other way of signalling equipment..... or have I got this all screwed up?? [ponder] thanks

I don't know where you heard that. I have an 11c with two NT1R20AB OPS cards. Note that there are only 8 circuits per card as opposed to 16 on a normal analog card. I think you then set a DSP option to let the card know the type of supervision you want.

planning and engineering >equipment identification 553-3001-154 page 69 it did not list 11c as one of the systems. I am REALLY green at this so I probably have it wrong. Thanks

Under FTR, set OSP and ISP. These will create DISCO SPV.

Kris

Under FTR, set OSP and ISP. These will create DISCO SPV. Again, this is for the OPS card only...

Sorry for the double-post. I thought I'd clarify before someone told me those commands wouldn't work on an 8D09 card.

:)

Kris

Check out NTP 553-3011-100 - Option 11c and 11c Mini Technical Reference guide. The one you were looking at probably only covers the large systems.

some day I will get this all straight........some day......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back