Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disconnect RTP stream after call disconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchMark

Programmer
Jul 25, 2006
NL
Hi All,
Strange problem, anyone with the same problem? More change to report the issue at Avaya.
I’ve an IP500v2 8.0(42) on a central location. On several remote sides we have around 140 1608 IP phones running version 1.301S. All connected together through an IP-VPN (1:1 vbr-rtv lines).

So when I monitor the network interface of the switch witch is connected to the IP500, I see that the traffic-in is always like 500kb higher as the traffic-out.

After some wireshark tracing, I see RTP traffic from a 1608 phone to the IP address of the IP500. But there is no call, no traffic back en the system status indicates that the device is several hours idle.

After rebooting the device from the system status the “spooky” traffic is gone.

Hi Mark,

If i remember right then you need to unplug the power from the IPO to fix this issue.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Peter,

Hahaha thats why the IPO is behind a remote controlled powerbar.
But will the problem come back.....?
Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out and let you know.

I remember this from about 6 months ago.
Let me know if this fixes the issue.
PS where are you based? i am dutch too.

BAZINGA!

Where based in Raalte, Company called WeKaDATA.
Just did the power unplug. Lets hope....

I know somebody from Raalte.
He does do CCTV and is called Hans.
I am in Fijnaart (west Brabant) and i work in Dordrecht.

BAZINGA!

Peter, never heard of Hans, but I live in Deventer, and work in Raalte.
So yesterday I did a power on reset.
And I already got the same problem. This morning the data was still in sync, but now I’ve got a different of around 340k, so 4 IP Phones who are sending a RTP stream to the IPO. But those phones are idle.
When an IP Phone is in this spooky streaming mode, it stops after I reboot the phone. But it also works when I call the phone.
Just captured a wireshark trace of a phone starting with this problem, I’ll keep you posted.
Mark.

Try an upgrade to 8.0.46.
Perhaps this fixes the issue as there is a nice list of bugfixes.
Or you could try to raise a case with Avaya/Distri.

BAZINGA!

I have seen this before, using wireshark to capture the packets and then play them back just revealed a totally silent 1 way audio stream...never did get to the bottom of it as it was just a quick glance as a favour for someone on here :)

This thread is like a gay dutch technical hookup [afro2]

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

I suppose they're easy to spot when you have already been involved in one Sean :)

I had planned an upgrade for tonight to version 8.0.46.
But, last Friday I upgraded a version 7.0 to 8.0.46, also IPO500 v2 with 1608 IP Phones.
So I’m looking at my bandwidth graphs of this site….and I see non sync traffic.
Traffic in sensor is 80kb/s higher than the traffic out, after reading the wireshark traces same problem.
So, upgrade will not work. Anyone experience with release 8.1?

Hey Gents,

could it have anything to do with call recording or call listen/ call intrude type functions? ie conferencing between VM and users perhaps? Music on hold part of RTP stream?
is it pretty vanilla site?
just thoughts about the preceeding event that triggers the traffic, or what's not triggering to cancel that traffic perhaps.
you'd need to run wireshark trace and monitor trace same time, hopefully tie in the time stamps and match up when the traffic becomes out of balance.

You'll get a job with Avaya Tier 3 after this of course! Ha!

Cheers,

Chris

Noo Zeeland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back