Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disconnect problems..????

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmktech

Vendor
Jan 15, 2003
US
Hello, I have a customer and they have a partner acs r.5. Everything works great for 4 months, now customer complains that yhe telephone rings, they answer and (not every time) they hear a buzz and the call is dropped. This happens on 3 different lines.
Any body have any clue??

I think its SBC but they will never admit it.

We had the same problem on another job, after changing out 3 different acs processors customer went with Norstar, everything worked fine.. HELP.. I can't loose another customer...

Thanks

Ron K.

actually that happens to us, and we don't have a phone system here. i would have to bet its sbc. next time it goes down, call them to see if someone is working in the area.

I have had a similar problem on Partner Systems when a CO port fails. Try to determine if the buzz sounds like its very close, like right in your ear, or if it sounds more distant. Also, try swapping the card out with another (FYI, Partner systems often have card-seat problems which you may inadvertantly solve by swapping cards). I'm not necessarily a fan of SBC, but I would give them the initial benefit of the doubt in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back