Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

disconnect cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjerms

Technical User
Sep 15, 2005
US
We are having strange issues with releasing lines and cell phones.

We have IP Office SOE running 3.0[59]

We have a forward to cell phone setup on the system. The cell phone carrier is nextel. The trunks are all analog trunks.

When a call comes in and transfers to a cell phone and the cell phone answers with its voicemail (nextel voicemail). The system then continues to be connected to voicemail even though the caller to the ip office system hangs up.

The ip office doesn't know that it is supposed to hang up the connection to the cell phone. It just stays connected to the cell phone for about 10 to 20 minutes. I'm not sure on the length before it disconnects. Any ideas on what to do?

---Jeremy

Different service providers look for different disconnect signals. IPO has a known issue with this and I believe Nextel is one of them.

We set the dx clear setting on trunks to 10ms instead of default 50 ms and it seems to disconnect fine now.

We don't know if this will cause other issues though? I guess we will find out soon.

Avaya support said that the clear disconnect time should not cause problems with the provider of the trunks. It should however fix the problem with nextel. They said that nextel is sending a very short dx clear signal.

Hope this helps others in the future. It helped us.

I have a similar situation at a site that I am going to try this at. It's not a Nextel client but someone who forwards calls to and answering service that I think is causing a similar situation. Thanks for the follow up!

Hope this works for you.

I just checked we actually set them to 5 ms not 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back