Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

disclaimer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksluimer

IS-IT--Management
Jun 5, 2001
NL
Does someone know how to put a disclaimer on every message what goes out. I am not happy with the solution to alter the mail templates or put text in the signature, users do not have to put this text in local mail, also preference is that text can not be changed or deleted

thnx y'all for reply :)

HELP,,,,, NO BODY ANY GOOD IDEA'S ?????

Lotus Only: Alter the mail template
3d Party: Add an esafe or whatever email scanner that will do that ! Well, it costs money !

thnx for yr input, but altering the mail template is what i want to avoid, only a disclaimer for messages which leave the local notes domain.
email scanners slow down performance.
I presume there is no standard domino solution, i'l try to live with it.
thnx

Hi,
you could modify the action button "send" in the memo form. Problem is, it's written in formula language, lotusscript might be easier. (why not define a button completely in script language...?)
Anyway, before the @command(send) is executed, you could add a specific text to the body field, dependant on the address the mail is sent to. The text to add might be laid down somewhere so you don't have to alter the mail template any time you need to alter the text.
But, if the designer task is running on your server every night, this also might cause no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back