Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disaster recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

id10t

MIS
Feb 16, 2001
US
Besides clustering, what are some of the other ways you have set up your Disaster recovery plan?

I have a spare box for a backup server incase one of my two goes down.

I am looking for the fastest way to bring up a downed server incase one of my other ones goes down. But at the same time least impact to the users.

Would it be possible to set up the spare as another exchange server with nothing on it, so it one of the other one's go down we would just restore the data to the new one? But what would happen if the user logs in and there emails are on the new server.

Any ideas or disaster plans you use would be great.

Thanks for the help.

maybe take a look at IP based replication software. you could use that to get your data over to the server and then go through the process of checking databases before you brought the new server online ?

You could clone the domain name the lot, then if it goes down restore the stores and take the network cable out and put it into the back-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back