Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disaster Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

armytechie

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2005
US
Can any shed some light on some sort of disaster intitiation plan they may have I am at a loss, problem being, dealing with the LEC and entrusting them to reroute calls during an emergency situation. I have a nortel option 11 and a 61 both running rls. 25 Sorry for the Vaugue description but this would have been a novel if I typed all the scenario's but if it help I am in NYC.

best thing to do is move somewhere downsouth, then talk fast so people can't understand. the 61 is easy, every morning before traffic gets heavy, i do put two new disk in, ld 43 edd, ld 135 scpu ld 43 edd.. they stay in all day, one is backedup during midnights. the next day, same thing, so i have 10 disk, when i get in each morning one disk is 8 hours old the other is 24, those disk along with the original install disk, and the keycodes are stored in a fireproof safe in another building (over by the coffee shop) i also swap tapes in the mermail each day.. with 10 disk two for each day and 5 tapes, plus the install tapes and disk/keycodes, i can back up to any day for the last 5 days in 12 hour increments.. the opt 11 requires a 143 backup to get that out of the box, the pilot backs up to a remote server, mirans are backup one a month ... recover is simple IF you have backups that didn't crash with the switch

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

My company offers off-site copies of your backup disk. In case every single copy you have disappears or someone steals your fire-proof safe, you can still download a copy off of our website. Click the banner at the top of this page and go to the "Backups" section to learn more.

Thanks,
Arch

that's a great service

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

For rerouting calls, you may be stuck with your LEC, unless you want to investigate a CLEC. If you have inbound toll free, get a dedicated from your IXC and speak with them about a possbile reouting plan. In any case, you should create the plan with them ahead of time. Get your account reps on the horn for. If this is a really high priority, then check out hot site available..but...$$$$

to get your DID's sent to an alternate location in the event your main site is down is more or less something you have to rely on your LEC to do. Just about every carrier offers some sort of redirect for DID's, some manual, some automatic. They generally work well...

If youre in teh same geographical area you cna have the DID pointed at another backup T1. or you can have them load balanced in one trunk group going to (2) locations and if one is down, teh other will take all calls. But not much of a DR plan having (20 sites in the same area)

You can also have teh LEC point all DID's to one single predefined number somehwere, and you can set up an auto attendant to route calls to your telecommuters over IP. Or to direct callers wherever.

Lots of ways to do it depending on how much you wanna spend, and where your locations are. Its easier when you have IP enabled PBX's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back