Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disaster Recovery on Linux Server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4chance

MIS
Feb 24, 2004
US
Greetings,
Does anyone here know or have done some work with disaster recovery for the linux server? What are some steps to take to create a disaster recovery process on a linux sever, besides the backup utility?

Thanks,
4chance

What tasks does the server do?

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

This is our new inventory server that will have Oracle 9i DBs running on it, plus the invenory application. We do have another server slated "Test" with the same functions, but only serve as a test for upgrades, etc.

Currently, I have the application folder backed up by using tar to my NFS mountpoint on the SANs evironment. Also, I have backuped up "/usr", "/etc/", "/home"

Is there anything else I can do to assure a quick recovery if the system head south?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back