Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disaster Recovery for livelink

Status
Not open for further replies.

apatel41

Programmer
Aug 15, 2007
US
To
All,

I am fairly new to the LiveLink and I need to prepare for Disaster Recovery Test. Currently I have two exact same environments (production and Staging). As far as LiveLink installation and configuration (taxonomy, categories, mappings, installed modules, patches etc...) concern, all are the same on both environments only difference is the separate instance on separate machines with different IP address then production. (Not all documents and users exist on staging but groups, roles and ACL configured as production)

BTW: i have livelink installed with three individual servers (web, admin and database).

What is the best way to test the DR? OR How I can perform the test and make sure that it restore correctly from the production?

If anyone have any suggestion, please advise.

Thanks
AP

the following links provide details on how to migrate a LIVE system to TEST :

SQL Server (Oracle (
This should give you enough information to get started, let us know if you need more.

Greg Griffiths
Livelink Certified Developer & ECM Global Star Champion 2005 & 2006

Unfortuanately, the steps above may need to be modified slightly if you are using 9.5 or greater. For instance, the 9.5 instance doesn't have a good method of resetting the external document store.

What we have done and tested successfully is to maintain a copy of the OTHOME directory in a secure location. If we need to restore the complete instance (essentially from scratch) we install a clean instance of livelink on the restored server, (so that the service is registered on the new server), stop the livelink services (both Admin and Livelink) then copy this clean instance over the new installation.

We then go in and edit the opentext.ini file and revise the port numbers, server names, etc. The actual entries that youo will need to change are:

1. DisplayServerName
2. Replacing entries for ServerX with ServerY (except for e-sign renditions)
3. RMI Port
4. Loader (depending on whether this is a front end or back end server) - you may need to remove some agents (Notify most likely if this is a front end server)
5. [GENERAL] port values for Port and InstallAdminPort
6. [SOCKSERV] port values for Port and InstallationAdminPort
7. [OTADMIN] port value
8. [scheduleactivity] - edit as necessary depending on whether this is a fron-end or back end server
9. [SECURITY] - edit CGI Hosts as necessary for the new server.
10. You might have to delete the dftconnection=? line, and the [dbconnection] entries also - I've had this work and fail depending on the whim of the SQL server.
11. Delete the entries in the OTHOME\logs folder. If you like, edit the .INI file to set logging on.
12. Set the webserver virtual directories up.
13. Restart the livelink services
14. Try to access the admin.index pages. If you can get to the admin.index pages, you should be pretty well on your way to have a completely restored system (with minor clean-up as necessary)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back