Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disaster Recovery - Arcserve & Netapp

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMikeX

MIS
Apr 10, 2003
US
We have been conducting Disaster Recovery tests at the IBM disaster recovery center. We have had 4 tests...and Arcserve has been very difficult to get working there...
We are now running Arcserve 11.5 and have a Netapp SAN/NAS system.
I guess my questions are: Do any of you do offsite DR tests with Arcserve and what type of problems have you had?
With who do you do your DR tests with IBM, SunCom etc? Do you have a Netapp storage device and/or do you use NDMP for you backups and restores?

We almost always have some type of connectivity problems between the Arcserve server and the tape library.
Also when we merge a tape on a new database the merge doesnt get all the sessions... but they will "appear" an hour or more later.
We have struggled to get this going... having CA on the phone through numerous issues.

Thanks in advance.
Mike

I've worked with clients using the above equipment and have come across problems, but not like you describe.

The IBM stuff I've found to be pretty solid and most of the problem there have been in just getting things setup correctly.

NetApp is also solid stuff but I have come across some connectivity problems there, but those came down to something outside of both the Filer and ARCserve.

What it comes down to is this open a new thread on each problem and lets see what the comunity here can do for you.

Thanks... We run IBM servers at home... we are talking with the IBM Disaster Recovery center to see if the cloud in between the server and the tape drives and the Netapp has/had some kind of issue....
Thanks for your response.
Have a Great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back