Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

disappearing programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryreeve

Vendor
Jan 16, 2002
US
I have a customer with a MICS 4.1, PRI, 1`2X0, 2 - 0X16 1 - ASM, and a NAM with Prelude.

problem is that for some reason the Route tables disappear, main problem is that table 009 disappears which corresponds to Destination code 9* the PRI call out routine.

as you can tell I wasn't looking forward to upgrading this because of the NAM and prelude software and am hoping that the problem is not software related.

any ideas on what is killing ONLY the destination codes?

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Sounds familiar but ages ago.
Some say that version is cursed for PRI, especially with a NAM.
Could be why or just plain ol corruption if it worked fine before.

So your saying when your asked to enetr a route and putting 009 does what? go blank or not able to enter it?.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Jerry,
That is weird. I do remember changing a destination code from 9 to 7 (false 911 issues) and the Norstar DID NOT free up '9' afterward. In fact, something tells me it happened a few times. A fresh database was required. I can't remember the s/w version or all the details, but I remember the issue. Does '9' show up anywhere else in the database? I heard lightening helps these issues........

Not sure if this is even related but worth thinking about. I remember some issue's with some of the earlier MICS having bad capacitors & Board batteries and constantly losing programming and message waiting indicators staying on??

- Keith "Norstar Newbie"

Curly, the programming takes for anyw3here from a couple of days to a couple of months.

nortelguy the rest of the programming stays so I don't think that the cap is bad

Gforce9 I may rebuild the database entirely as my next step

open question does a **reset change the system ID since this has a pri enabler I step real cautiously around it.

Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back