Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

disappearing controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghardenb

Programmer
Oct 24, 2004
US
I've been experiencing this problem in various apps. Controls such as command buttons become invisible when on an Infragistics container such as a panel. Sometimes they are gone when booting the app. Other times, after being obscured by another action such as another form, they fail to redraw.

If I click on the control's location it reappears.

Infragistics no longer supports these SS controls. I've had to stop using the containers in mymore important apps.

I'm using VB6 and Activethreed controls ver 4.01.

Any ideas?

I don't have any experience with Infragistics controls. However, you may want to try calling the controls' .referesh method in the form activate event. This may not solve your problem, but it's the first thing I would do to attempt to solve this problem.

Good luck.

-George

Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause. - Fortune cookie wisdom

As with George I haven't worked with Infragistics controls. But I would check the zorder of the controls and try setting the .zorder of the buttons to zero to ensure that they are drawn on top of the panel rather than hidden underneath.

zemp

Thanks, but this has no effect on the problem.

My users had this type of problem with just regular controls. Screen refresh rate on their machine was adjusted and that fixed the problem. You may try that.

---- Andy

Now that you mention it, no user has ever complained to me about this problem. Could be just me, yes?

What do I need to know about screen refresh rate? Right now I know approximately nothing.

Apparently my display has only one rate available: 60mhz.

I don't know what to tell, you.

I have this :

monitor.JPG

ghardenb,

If you are using an LCD or TFT monitor it is likely you will only have the 60Hz option, CRTs will usually provide a range.

regards Hugh,

I use 70Hertz, as per picture. Works for me, why chage it?

---- Andy

Andy,

How did you paste the screen cap in here.

Thanks

Andy

Andy Baldwin

"Testing is the most overlooked programming language on the books!"

Ask a great question, get a great answer. Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.
Find out how to get great answers FAQ219-2884.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back