Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disappearing activex controls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GusBrown

Programmer
Nov 24, 2000
GB
I'm working on an Access 97 based app and I'm having problems with several forms which are using MS DateTime Pickers (part of mscomct2.ocx). All appears to be fine on my dev machine (w2k) but when the user loads the forms (also office 97/w2k) they 'loose' half of the date/time controls - they're simply not there anymore, although in design view they can see where they should be.
I don't know if this is a problem with date/time pickers, activex controls or access so if you recognise the problem I'd appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks,

Gus

Stupid question, but you are "bundling" these controls with your application?

If I understand what you mean, no I'm not. The app is simply 2 .mdb files some of the forms in one of those .mdb files is trying to create an object using mscomct2.ocx. The user definately has the same ocx as me.

Someone has suggested to me that it could be a licensing problem but the wierd thing is this: on a form with 4 date/time pickers the user can see/use only 2 of them, on a different form with 8 date/time pickers the user can see/use only 4. Surely if it were a licensing thing the controls would either all work or all not work...?

Thanks,

Gus

Gus,

You say the user has the same OCX - are the dependencies identical also?

Use the dependency walker to get a list from your machine, and for each of the listed dependencies check that the version for each is the same on the target environment.

HTH ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back