Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disapearing lines when you publish to word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tfost

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2004
GB
I am using Microsoft Office 2000 and Windows XP. I have set up a report in Access which has lines between the records. It all looks fine in print preview but when I export to Word all the lines dissapear. Is there anyway of stopping this from happening.

Thanks

the UGLY suspision (mine) is that it is an agreement w/ Crystal Reports to increase profits. There are some 'workarounds'. Some free some not, many noted herein (Tek-Tips). Seek and ye shall find.

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

Searching for employment in all the wrong places

The lines disappear because they are graphic objects and not text objects (in Access 97 anyway).

Try creating a text box and filling it with "_" characters(beside the zero on your keyboard) ... these will export fine and look like a line anyway - except they are at the bottom of the text box so you need to space things a little funny to get it to look OK.

Hope this helps [pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back