Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disallowin direct extension dial for call center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAAS666

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2009
PR
I'm currently using CallPilot 150, so far so good.. The only thing I really need is to disable direct dialing for the stations at the call center.

For example, if I dial Intercom xxx I don't want the call center stations to be able to receive those calls while there's an agent logged to a skillset..

The stations with logged on agents should only receive calls from the current logged agent skillset queue.. Altough they may need ocasionally to dial out extensions.

Don't know if that's even possible..

It is possible, but it will affect all DN dialing from the 150. There is a checkbox on the Greeting Table that answers your lines called "Disable DN Dialing". Check to enable.

-SD-

Thanks SupportDude, I already tried that, but that won't allow people on the AA to dial an extension directly.

I'm guessing this would have to be done, if possible, directly on the MICS..

I want those stations to be used for call center purposes only.

6 Stations, not all used at the same time (most of the time 4 agents logged)

There are 7 agents in total.

AAThere is no way to do this on a 150 call center

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Sorry if I'm note being clear enough. Never had to deal with this before, please bear with me.

I don't want them to receive the calls from other internal stations..

I was able to control external users on the AA dialing those extensions by disabling the DN as suggested by SupportDude..

What I don't want is other internal users using the Intercom to dial the stations from the call center.

I'm guessing this would need to be solved by educating the users..

User Education is always a good thing!
Since there is no physical, or logical, relationship between the telephone set and the Call Center, you could change the DN's on the Agent sets to a value nobody knows but you. This would make it pretty tough for them to receive calls from other sets in the office.
However, if they are clever, they will be able to determine the DN.

-SD-

Other users will see "on another call" when a set is in use.

Also, you could program the sets for DND on Busy under T&S/Capabilities. This won't effect calls when they're idle and logged in, but it could help reinforce your user training.

Thanks everyone.. will start by training the users and see what happens.. Hopefully no other action would be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back