Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabling Windows Mouse Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

HugoGuessit

Technical User
Dec 31, 2001
US
I need help! I've got a E-One 500Mhz I'm working on for a customer and have run the restore for them. Now, I'm getting the Mouse Tutorial at startup and it locks out keyboard access, preventing me from hitting escape to bypass. I don't get it in safe mode and I know there is a registry setting to disable that, but I don't remember where in the registry I need to go. If you know, Please post a response. If you don't know, thank you for your time.

Try disabling in Msconfig/Start Tab..Once you have name of utility that is running the tutorial eliminate start mode.

This tiny utility will give you all start apps on your computer...includes all registry (machine) starts as well as Startups from system.ini, win.ini, and other sources...

Try it, I wouldn't be without it...or download Start Up Cop which automates the process...

StartUp Log..

GL smitee

tried msconfig already. it either isn't listed in there, or it is listed under a name I don't recognize. Thanks for the help, though. hg

Nevermind, found it myself. If anyone else needs to know, go into safe mode and delete the program titled Wintutor.exe.

hg :-Þ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back