Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabling USB on ProLiant 1805R

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasba

Technical User
Mar 10, 2007
NO
Hi all.

Is it possible to disable USB on a COMPAQ ProLiant 1805R? There seems to be a known problem[1] with USB in FreeBSD 6.X (UNIX). There is currently a working workaround, but I'd prefer to disable it on the server if possible.

Thanks in advance.

[1]:

I cannot find anything on the Proliant 1805R model but I would suggest looking in the SmartStart settings that can be accessed after POST using the F10 key. If the F10 key is not available, boot off the SmartStart CD (probably v5.5 is required) and access via there.

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"

Just noticed one of your other posts, did you mean the Proliant 1850R? If that is the case, this server did not come with USB as standard but my answer above still applies if it does have USB

"Insert funny comment in here!"

Oops. It seems I have misspelled the ProLiant model number. It should be 1850R, not 1805R. Thanks for pointing that out, TheLad. Is it possible to edit the topic somewhere?

I wasn't able to find anything in the System ROM (BIOS) settings. Does the motherboard emulate something that would be classified as USB support? I'll have a look at the settings after POST as you mentioned. Thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back