Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabling unused lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan15370

IS-IT--Management
Mar 29, 2006
US
How do I disable unused lines on a GATM card? I have 4 active physical(POT) lines on the first module, Bus 7, module 1, set for Loop.

On Module 2, I have 2 active physical(POT) lines. How do I disable lines 071,072 to get it to work? Lines 069,070 don't even pickup via auto-attendent.. what do I do?

Bryan

put the lines in a different pool
if there is no line connected, AA will not get calls

I tried that... there are no physical lines actually wired in to 071,072... tho i moved those 2 lines to pool B.

Of the 6 Pool A lines, only the 4 in Module 1 are answered via Auto-Attendent.

Any other thoughts?

Actually... I added 2 more physical lines, so both the modules are full, 4 POT lines each, set as Loop, on Bus 7.

The lines on module 1... 061-064 are working great. The lines on module 2, 069-072, don't pick up and ring forever. How do I enable module 2 and have auto-attendent answer them? All 8 lines are in Pool A. What am I missing?

Bryan

Did you go into AA and tell it to answer those lines?

after doing more testing.....

I have 8 total POT lines on a GATM-8 MBM.

4 POT lines work great - 2 on each module (063,064,069,070) all work fine

The other 4 POT lines don't respond and aren't picked up by the Auto-Attendant. I call each one of them, they just ring and ring and ring. All 8 lines are added to Pool A. Problem is.. obviously, the BCM dials out in reverse: 072,071,070,...etc. Without the other 4 lines working, causes alot of issues when trying to dial out... because all phones auto select DN 072 as the first line tried, which is what I want when they all work.

Settings for the Modules 1 & 2: (Module 1 is the Same except the High/Low lines)
Module type: Loop
Module mode: Global
# lines/loops: 4
busy lines/loops: 0
Low Line: 069
High Line: 072
Disconnect Timer: 460
State: Enabled

Are DN's 061,062,071,072 tied together somehow? Are there any special settings to get all 8 lines to be answered by the Auto-Attendent?

I can't dial-in or out on the 4 lines in question. Are they wired wrong? Has anyone seen something similiar? Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Bryan

Pools are for accessing trunks to make out going calls.

If you want trunks to be answered by AA, make sure you have then turned on in AA.

For easier testing I would put all 8 lines on one phone, so I could test each line 1 at a time in and out.

In the Call center, I have all lines being answers by the AA after 2 rings. Is that what you mean by have the trunks being turned on?

How do I put all lines on one phone? how do I dial a certain extension from a phone? I have just been changing the Pool to test outgoing calls, so I could control what line I was on.

Yes, I'm a new user.. but I have come a long way.

Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back