Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

disabling the office shortcut bar at startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeslice

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2001
US
For some reason I am unable to figure out how to disable the office shortcut bar at startup.This is very annoying problem for my boss and would like it disabled.I told him to just start using pine :)..

Remove it from the startup folder, in the programs menu, that will disable it.

It is not in the startup folder!!That is why I am having troubles.Thanks for the info though.

Hello, homeslice.

You can do either of the below.

[1] Click out Start | Programs | Startup, then rightclick on the Office OSA and choose delete or disable it.
Or
[2] Go to the Startup directory, maybe not the one under windows\Start Menu, but under windows\Profile\<username>\Start Menu\Programs. Then, do the same as [1]. I guess you didn't find it because you were looking for the wrong Startup directory.

regards - tsuji

Thanks tsuji!!! It was under their profile, did not think of that.

Homeslice.

You can close it after it's already load. here is the trick. when it asking you to loading on the next startup click no on it. then it will not startup on the next boot:). Try it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back