Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

disabling 'select user'

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneclu

Technical User
Jul 12, 2007
US
I am an administrator user for ACT! and I have made other users but now they are able to see my 'task list' and 'opportunity list' would anybody know how I could possibly disable the select user field so that they aren't able to view any other users information??

version 9.0, basically what I'm trying to do is limit access to certain users, I am the main users but also have sub users and want to limit access to only certain users, basically i want to choose who can or cannot view my tasks, contact and or opportunities...is there such a way?

9.0 Standard or Premium?

Users can always view activities unless you mark them as Private (then they can still see you're busy, but not what you're doing).

With Premium, you can set which users can schedule for you - Schedule | Grant Access.

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Sage are always looking for new ways to make ACT! a better product to use. Suggestions are a valuable way to ensure that you get the most out of your software.

To send feedback directly to management about enhancing ACT!, they have a web page that you can specifically do this at:

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.

So anyone wanting to voice their opinions, should take advantage of this way to register your desires for product enhancements to be considered for inclusion in future versions.

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

sorry i didnt specify, im using ACT! 2007(9.0)Premium for workgroups...

I do not really want users to schedule things for me, I would like to have the "grant access" for opportunities and task sections...is it possible?

Then, as I indicated, you can determine by user, which users can schedule for you, but you can't set teams that can or can't view your activities... marking them as private only allows you to see them and can be the default, but can be changed for each activity.

You might post a suggestion in the URL I mention for future versions.

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Does anyone know a program thats much more secure? or maybe a work around..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back