Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabling Printer Banners

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakota81

Technical User
May 15, 2001
US
I've got a Novell 4.11 server with 3 print servers as the basis of the company's network. I just installed Win2000 on a computer (the rest all have 98), but cannot figure out how to disable that stupid banner page from printing. I am using for the client just Microsoft's supplied Netware client.

Any help?

Do you mean the Separator Page?? Between print jobs??
If you do its in the printers properities>advanced tab > separator page

It's not a separating page because that option is blank. I'm talking about the banner page that is printed - in Windows 98 under caption settings for a network printer the option to deselect banners is right there with a check box that is titled "banner". Under MS-DOS when capturing a printer that is on a novell server, in the command line you would add -nb for "no banners". The question is how do I turn off banners in Win2000, because I'm not seeing the way and especially for our label printer, banners must be disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back