Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabling loop on TMDI card w/CC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2002
US
I'm getting ready to change LD providers that I feed via a dedicated T1 (and receive toll-free incoming).

Because I'm going to change over from DTI to PRI with the new circuit, and I expect to have to do some changes and testing, I purchased a new TMDI card for my CS1000M and will create new TNs and move the existing T1 over to the new card so that I can put my new LD on my original TMDI that has the CC.

I know by reading posts that I will have to out the existing programming, and temporarily disable the CC in order to convert the card from DTI to PRI mode. Will I be able to leave the PRI loop down on this card yet have the CC enabled so that I have clocking from my temporary card? I assume I will have to tell LD 73 that the only span I want to clock on, for right now, is the T1 in slot 1 (rather than in slot 2), and once I get the new PRI installed I will have to make it the primary and X out the clocking on TMDI in slot 1.

CS1000M i assume that is an opt 11 cad since tmdi's don't fit the larger switches..

your on the right track but you can not clock off of a disabled t1.. the clock source is the central office. it controls the heartbeat of the cc... make your secondary clock freerun.. switch to freerun before you take the clock down... best bet is to install the new pri, test it get it up.. leaving the old ckt working and providing clock source.. then change your clocking... if you have to remove the old to install the new, then freerun as that happens..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Yes, Opt. 11c - still don't get the new CS designations.

You've described pretty much what I want to do - keep my old DTI circuit going in slot 1, changing in LD 73 to primary clock off of slot 1, and making secondary freerun til the provider turns up the new PRI T1 in slot 2 -the card where my CC is. My real question is whether I can have CC on a TMDI card with the actual loop disabled, until the provider gets the span up. Once the span is installed and I bring the loop up, tested and stable, then I plan to go into LD 73 and make slot 2 my Primary clock source and 1 secondary, then remove it after cutover.

cs coreswitch at one time, that may have changed.. they used to all be sl-ones.. the card can be there, the switch will go into either your second clock source or in your case free run.. your switch has a heartbeat, it can run on that forever.. pri's and t1's use tdm back to the pstn, they need to sync clocks so each can time the start and stop of frames... the worse case is if you are in freerun you might start getting slips... enough of those can take the t1 down, not the switch... a loop has to be up to clock.. if i out all my trunks on a t1 i don't a data channel.. t1 uses inband signalling.. the last 8k of each trunk channel is a part of the old d channel.. you can not get a clock source from a t without at least one enabled trunk

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back