Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabling Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaceGoth

MIS
Sep 30, 2003
US
I know that there are posts out there for disabling the mouse AND keyboard. This does not help since all I want to do is disable the keyboard. If anyone can help with me with this, it would be much appreciated.

That did not work and it just said an error in running the rundll. So is there any other method?

Ponerse,
The link after your signature -- it took my to a REALITY page, if you get my drift..

--Bill
One may not reach the dawn save by the path of the night
--Kahlil Gibran

Is there anyone out there that knows how disable the keyboard? Or even the control button?

Do you want to disable the keyboard globally, or just for your application?

Use the BlockInput API Call... with caution though

Private Declare Function BlockInput Lib "user32" (ByVal fBlock As Long) As Long

BlockInput True ' Blocks input until set to false

BlockInput False ' unblocks input

[fish] No Dolphins were harmed in the posting of this message... Dolphin Friendly Tuna!

Uh, ok, you said not the mouse, just the keyboard...

my bad

[fish] No Dolphins were harmed in the posting of this message... Dolphin Friendly Tuna!

strongm - I want it globally, if I can't do that then just do it just for my application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back