Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabling 'Continuous Reports' Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

starlitskies

Technical User
Feb 7, 2005
CA
I'd like the Detail section in my report to display the contents as-is. (I have sub-reports embedded and so it ends up appearing multiple times.) Is there a way to disable the 'continuous' feature?

Thanks in advance!

Personally, I don't understand this question.

What do you mean by 'display the contents as-is'? As opposed to how? In what way are they NOT displayed 'as-is'.

And I don't understand the term 'continuous' in the context of reports - or rather, I regard ALL reports as continuous, and don't undersatand what you think the alternative is.

Please explain with examples if possible.

For example:

I only wish to display a block of text in the detail section. However, it appears 201 times continuously when I try to print it. The report is bound to a query because I wish to pull data for the header section.

I have not used Access extensively so I may not be using the right terminology and for that I apologize. I use the term 'continuous' with reference to 'continuous forms'. From what I understand, the feature can be toggled on/off with forms but I do not see a option to do this with reports.

Is there any way to force the block of text to appear just once 'as-is'?

Whatever you put into the detail section will print for every record in your report.
If you want to print something once, then move it to the report header.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back