Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

disabling clock change

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanglam

Programmer
Dec 11, 2002
US
Hi,

Is there any way to prevent users from changing the clock time ?
I was looking through the gpedit.msc options and didn't see any option for disabling clock change .

Thanks,
Hang

Can recall how granular it is, but take a look at gpo--->computer configuration--->
windows settings --->Security Settings--->
Local Policies --> User Rights Assignment-->
--> Change the system time

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP
Want to know how email works? Read for yourself -

58sniper,

thanks, that works on one computer .

I got the tip from a co-worker who did the same thing in one of the servers but he left.
He did something to the computer to disable the clock change.

I'm trying to reverse what he did, I checked the Group Policy you mentioned above, and it says, it allows Administrator and Power User to change the system time but when I log in as an Administrator, I still can't change the clock time.

I'm not sure what he did, I have been trying to call him to ask him but I think he went on vacation and we need to change the server time to do some testing for our app.

does anyone has any idea what he did besided the Group Policy ?

Thanks,

Are you checking Group Policy applied in AD? Sorry this was not clear... There is also a local policy that you can check on the server. Start -> Programs -> Admin Tools (if visible) -> Local Security Settings.

Thanks everybody,

I found out what was wrong. In group Policy Editor, I enabled the control Panels display and that did the trick.

Hang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back