Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabling banner page when printng?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuxej

Technical User
Nov 15, 2002
US
Network is Novell Netware. Client OS is Win XP. I'm printing to a printer on the network. It's printing the banner page. Was able to disable it in Win 9x. Got a new PC with Win XP and the feature to disable the banner no long exist. Use to be in the capture settings tab. Did XP took this feature out or what. Need help?

yuxej

Well it depends what priner are you using on your network??

It's a HP 2000 color printer. Besides, It doesn't matter which type of printer. If Win XP doesn't have the capabilties to disable within Novell network system then I would probably down grade my system. Like I said this feature is in the 9x but not there in the XP version.

did you try going into the printer folder from the start tab?
right click on the printer in question and goto properties.
check to see if banner pages is enabled there.
should be able to dissable the banner there. knoweldge is power, spread the power

Try going into the Novell Properties to the Default Capture tab. You should see a section called other settings. Remove the check from the Notify box,

It doesn't have the tab that contain the "banner disable feature". If it did I wouldn't be asking. In Win 9x it does show up in the printer's properties tabs, but what I need to know is how to do it in Win XP? Because it not there anymore.

Are you using XP's Client Services for Netware? If so, open Control Panel and then open the CSNW icon. Uncheck Print Banner in the Print Options group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back