Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabling Access Formatting Controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulaKate

Technical User
Mar 6, 2002
US
Hi,
I am trying to customize a form in design view. Access 2007 has "helpful" features that automatically control formatting that are interfering with my ability to customize a form. The features I am referring to are the ones that: automatically carry over all of the fields to the right/left when the right margin of the field being modified is slid to the right/left; or scoots all of the fields to the right in "perfect alignment" when a new field is inserted. As much as these are nice, these controllers are getting in my ability to customize my form. I rarely have the situation where all of the data I need to display neatly fits onto the screen in a single row. How do I disable these? I have searched and can not find a thread. I would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction. Thanks.

Are you using Layout View instead of Design View? Make sure you're not. For what you're talking about, it sounds like that could be the issue. Layout view, in some respects, is sort of a disabled design view - so you get fewer options for control, and it does more "auto" stuff than design view.

Hi kjv1611,
Thank you for your reply. I am definately working in design mode. I just found the switch. Right click on a field, scroll down to layout and select remove. It had to be simple, yea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back