Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

disabling a phone/TN for a couple of hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbixtelecom

Technical User
Jun 21, 2005
US
Good evening,

We have a client request to have thier phones shut down between 1230hrs-1400hrs on one day and on another to have it shut down for an entire day. How will this be accomplished? Is there a way to disable a phone/tn in the PBX without outting it all together or do is this all handled thru the Time of Day Definition in the MM?

Thanks,

you could just disable the TN's in LD 32 with the DISU command. ENLU turns them back on.

all the phone's, internal and external?.. if you just want external calls to stop. you've got two things to think about.. auto term and did.. both can be controled by the att nite feature.. if that is what your trying to block. let us know and someone will give you the code

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Please have XXXXX make the following changes to the CS/FFM phones. Starting Monday October 31st our phones should only ring from 9am-5pm.

Additional phones changes-

November 2nd –our phones have to shut from 1230p-2p

November 10th- our phones should shut off at 3pm

November 17th –our phones should be shut off the entire day

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Thanks!

Thats the request we got.....sounds like they want all internal phones off for those days.

switch type? dial it up and either disl the loops, or the cards if it's and 11

ld 32
disl x x
disc x

to find all the loops in a larger switch, i perfer ld 97 prt supl...once the loops are disl, any t's will not matter

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks again john for the help. Looks like we're going to disable the loop since we know which ones belong to the client. Looks like someone will need to be here to do it at the specified time though since I don't see anyway to get it to disable at the right time.

without a script running, you can dial in or have a tech on site. that is one of the strangest request i have ever heard. be a great place to look for a maint window

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds this request strange.
This is the first time we ever had anyone request their phones to be shut down for just a few hours and we never bothered asking why.

i've had the request when a department wants to shutdown for a meeting. However these departments are call centers and we use Symposium so we just add a line of script to accomplish the task.

When they say shut off do thety mean not to ring and still leave messages? Or do they mean Dead and a fast busy? If the latter then disable the loop, or card, or TN's for them. If they want calls to go to Voicemail then why not tell them where to forward there own lines?

i guess i'm not alone in thinking this is a strange request

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back