Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabled from all hint groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPslug

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2004
GB
Hi

Having a problem with one customer every morning they come in and there extension is disabled from all hunt groups. We have changed all short cut keys on phone manager so there is no way they are setting busy wrap up or anything else like that. I was also told this was a problem with the level of phone manager so the latest patch has been run but still having the problem. This happened on 2.0 (18) and 2.1 (24). Any one else seen or have this problem?

Cheers

should say Hunt group not hint group. woops!

I have seen this on 2.1 software but when you remove the old version of software it does not remove the entries from the registry so do a registry scroll and remove all the entries to do with phone manager pro.
Then install the new version 2.1 (8)

We had a similar issue with a client after upgrading to 2.1.24. We were having people disabled from hunt groups, their DND and Hunt Group Enable buttons were freezing, and we were unable to pull a config from Manager. It turns out that in 2.1.24, when you have voice mail pro at version 2.1.10, vm pro sends many tftp requests to the control unit. The control unit can only handle up to 32 tftp request, then it starts dumping the excess requests and causing errors (like disabling people from hunt groups, freezing buttons, not allowing you to pull a config, etc). If you have a site that has a good amount of users and has a fairly large call volume, and your VM Pro is version 2.1.10, it could be that your VM Pro is making too many TFTP requests and causing this error. We spent 2-3 weeks constantly on the phone with AVAYA to finally get this resolved. They gave us a patch for VM Pro to bring it to 2.1.12...contact AVAYA and let them know you are having this issue, and let them know that you want the 2.1.12 version of VM Pro.

Hope this helps.....

dlatt1283

do u have this version of software that I can download from some where or are you able to email to me.
cheers

I do not have it personally, one of my colleagues has it. I will get it and I can email it to you?

Done all of that but still no joy, anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

Are you using PM ? If so make sure you use the latest version 2.1.10.

Our last two customers are having the same issue. One is 2.1.15, the other 2.1.24 and both running VM Pro 2.1.10.

Hi

We have the same problem sins 1.4 but you can work a round whit 2.0 or higher.
The Busy Wrap Up is active even when having a PM Lite and a Pro
If you have a PM Pro you can activate " Agent Mode " and explain at the customer that hi can check if busy wrap up is active or not. Use the buttons to activate, and remove the "DEL" button under the function keys.
You can only remove the function key if agent mode is active or in the registry
If you are working with a PM Lite, you have to go in the registry and change the BusyWrapUp1 dword to “0”

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AVAYA\IP400\PhoneManager\ShortCut]
"BusyWrapUp1"=dword:0000002e

The problem accurse at the point when the PM pop’s up and the customer hit’s the “DEL” button. The user then activates the busy wrap up.

Hop fully this can solve your problem

Paul

Do as the the Voidud says and change the client to Phone Manager 2.1.10 there is a doc fix for this, it is not are core software issue.

[cheers]

Hi

We have done all this and still no joy. It only appears to happen when the user comes in in the morning and there extension is logged out. They are using PM pro 2.1.10. It seems like it may have something to do with when the pc is restarted, any ideas on this?

Thanks

Dave Hughes

One other thing guys the customer has decided to inform me that when they turn forward unconditional on and leave there phone for about an hour it disables them from the groups. If they turn forwarding on and off within a couple of mins if doesnt disable them, so it seems that its only when forwarding is turned on and left for a while. If anyone has any ideas on this it would be very usefull.

Thanks

I have found out today that there has been another patch released for this problem, installed this and all working fine now.

Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back