Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disabled accessory port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCTechNerd

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2007
US
Hey everyone,

all of our stations use T7316 phones. We purchased a T24 KIM and i connected it to one of the phones.......and nothing happened. It said it could take up to 10 minutes to initialize, so I waited 15. I came back and still nothing happened. none of the buttons responded and when connected, or even RJ-11 unplugged/replugged, it didn't flash or anything at all. I tried the KIM on 3 different phones, and got the same results on each.

Is this just a bad KIM that was DOA or is there a step I'm missing? is it possible that the accessory port on the phones are disabled?

Thanks in advance.

didn't know I had to. how do I do that?

yes i do, just don't know in what specific area I would setup a kim for said extension

Also you need to post your system type and version in future or now if this does not help:

Go into F**Config
Next until you see System programming/ Next untill you see CAP/KIM
Show and add your set to the first KIM

Whenever you connect a KIM, you need to inialize it. Disconnect the line cord, then reconnect while holding down the buttons on all four corners of the KIM, simutaneously until the lights start flashing one after another up and down the KIM.

If that doesn't work, check for a bent pin on the back of the T7316.

Ok, sorry about that. I went into system prog and there was "cap assignment" but no KIM setup. within Cap assignment the first one is "CAP1:None". when pressing on change it gives me three underscores, but only lets me put in two numbers when trying to enter an extension. Do I not enter an extension here? our extension range is 221 - 250.

system info is BNR Mics 2.0 Working Issue 4.05

Doubt a KIM is going to work on MICS 2.0."""
can anyone confirm or deny this?

correct, the kim won't work until release 6.1.

DueE

Defintiely not, no KIM's till 6.1. Going to need a 7324 with CAP

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

besides your 2.0 issue you will need T7316e's not the T7316 unless that is what you have and just didnt post the e...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back