Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable View Source!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gussy1

Technical User
Dec 22, 2002
IE
Sorry about the untitled post earlier!

Can somebody PLEASE suggest some way of disabling the 'View Source' item in IE ans other browsers. I know it is easy to disable the 'Right-Click' function but the View Source item under the View toolbar remains. How can someone protect their code without third party software???

Thanks

Could someone please look at this link

and teel me how they disable the View Source button under the Edit toolbar?

Thanks

Probably what happened is that your were looking for the View Source button in the EDIT menu rather than the VIEW menu.

the bottom line is: the web, by definition, is open source. if you have something you don't want stolen, don't put it on the web...

There are those who pay hundreds to thousands of dollars to a web-master (or whatever you prefer being called) for designing there site. Then again, there are those of us who do it for free. I see no harm in wanting to protect your site, even if you stole half of it from another. :)

we're still talking about this subject
flush it [flush2] _______________________________________________
[sub]{ str = "sleep is good for you. sleep gives you the energy you need to function";
ptr = /sleep/gi;Nstr = str.replace(ptr,"coffee");alert(Nstr); }[/sub]

No matter how many times you say it, or how many times u answer it, this question will come up...
The next best thing is to just ignore it (unless there is a legit reason to answer)... I have not failed; I have merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back