Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable transfer button

Status
Not open for further replies.

apezzi

Technical User
Jun 21, 2013
US
Is there any way to deny or disable the ability to transfer calls (using transfer button) on a specific phone (not system wide) without affecting abbreviated dialing?

do not believe this can be done.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

If you program only one call-appr button, there will not be another button to initiate a transfer or conference.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

then they will complain that they can now only receive 1 call at a time.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

I am not sure what else that would prevent them from doing.

The problem I am trying to solve is this... Agents are transferring calls to wrong numbers. Management wants me to disable their ability to do so. In its place, they want abbreviated dials setup for the several legitimate numbers they should transfer to.

(1) Put the numbers in your ARS table pointing to a route with FRL 7.
(2) Give those users a COR that has an FRL < 7. (Now they can't dial those numbers)
(3) Create a VDN with a COR which has FRL 7
(4) Point that VDN to a vector that performs a route-to the correct number
(5) Put that VDN on the users' phones with an autodial or abbreviated dial.

This is only one way to accomplish this, BTW. I can think of at least two others.

Thanks joesena!

I hoping for a simple solution ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back