Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable the HELP function in the program

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinLeung

Programmer
Mar 27, 2001
HK
How can I absolutly disable the help in the access program, I tried to create a custom menu and delete the HELP item from it, and diabled all options in startup(database) window. But user can also to luanch the help by press F1 or click help menu in other access windows. Can someone give me a help or suggestion... thx all professionals

hi,

about the F1 --> you can write a function you trigger in every forms' keydown event which converts the F1 to 0:

select case keycode
case 112
keycode = 0

the kid

Create a macro
Call it AutoKeys
in the macro name column put {F1}
(optional)in the action column put a msgbox No help available .....

this will then disable the help in the entire database

HTH

PsychPt@Hotmail.com

Many thx first, .... but above solution just solve the {F1} key in one Access application, but if u tried to open 2 Access, u will discovered the help can called by another, (call the help from the second one and activate the first one), all help functions is for the first access application now .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back