Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable suggested corrections in spelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

poliv

Programmer
Jun 3, 2000
US
I wonder how to disable the suggested corrections in spelling (when I click the right mouse button on a misspelled word), but keeping the emphasis of the error.

What program? What version? What have you checked/tried?

Microsoft office 2007 (more specific WORD 2007).

I read the article you suggest but don't see nothing that can help in my case.

Thanks for your interest, I will continue to search...

Try Tools > Options and select the [Spelling and Grammer] tab. Probably an option there. (I have Word 2003 so I can't be more exact.)

Word's own Help might also tell you, though it is often opaque or tells you a vast amount about things you don't need to know.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 11.5 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

I know it's not ideal, but you can disable the auto-spell-check, and then only use the manual spell check, last I checked.

You would think that turning the suggestions off would be an option, but maybe not.

I'd be curious to see whether it can be done via VBA, but it's probably more complicated than worth doing if it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back