Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable schedule task in the viruscan console thru EPO strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcruise

MIS
Feb 21, 2002
FR
With EPo 2.5,
I scheduled an autoupdate task .The task runs successfully on the client side (viruscan 4.5.1 sp1).But, the user had previously enable the schedule button of the autoupdate task in his viruscan console .
How can i disable remotely this schedule ?

I understood that this schedule made locally on the desktop is different from the schedule made thru an Epo autoupdate task . i don't find any option in the strategy of viruscan 4.5.1 sp1 on the Epo server to disable this local schedule autoupdate task.

IIRC, once ePO applies the policy on the workstation, any additional tasks (AutoUpdate or AutoUpgrade), get removed and replaced by the settings in ePO. It shouldn't matter how many others are there, it would be removed once the ePO agent applies the policy.

Hope this helps.

AVChap

AvChap you are wrong. ePo can not remove scans statically placed in the local console unless you do the following:
Run
"C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\msi_inst.exe" /export c:\rstatic.ini see page 46 and 47 of the virusScan 4.5 man.
compile that file in an exe with the /import /restart comand switch
(I use Wise)
I then put this single executable file into a superdat with sdman...You have to name it setup.exe
I place it on my ftp server with pkgdesc.ini and setup.iss
I configure a task to autoupgrade pointed to my superdat
Run once.. run missed task..enable..Apply.. agent wake up
This is OS specific so you have to create the ini file from each OS for each OS.
NAI told me I would have to reinstall Virus software on 35,000 clients to do this. This would have cost about $800,000 so I came up with this for free. It has worked 35,000 times. I can't even tell my boss I saved the $800,000 because McAfee doesn't support the fix. Thanks for letting me vent.

No problems. Just goes to show there are still some things that need to be discovered on this.

AVChap

Actually from what I understand Mcafee supports what you said 100% and will even suggest you do that FatesWebb

if you do what I suggested it is not my fault...

I like you guys. I have a lot of large issues with ePo Netshield and VS4.5.1 SP1 I bet I could learn a lot from this team. Im glad I found you,

Thanks Zelk, and by the way guys tasks are saved in the registry on 4.5.1, HKLM/Software/Network Associates/TVD/Shared Components/Virusscan/AVConsole/ScanTasks FatesWebb

sorry another note, I am not the biggest EPO whizz, but it is my understanding that it just uses the autoupdate task in viruscan to update the machine. it just reconfigures the autoupdate task to its likings. It doesnt push out the dats, it just pushes out the configuration to the autoupdate task. Are you sure it isnt just EPO and not your user enabling this? FatesWebb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back