Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable Routermodul on Cat6500 WS-X6K-SUP1A-MSFC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PierreW

Technical User
Jan 16, 2001
CH
Is there a way to disable the MSFC on a Cat6500 Supervisor.
To change the config-register to 0x40 (reloads in rommon) 0x41 (reloads without configuration) works, but is not very sexy, there must be a command witch I can use from the Switch-Console to deactivate the MSFC module.

Thanks for any hints

King Regards

Pierre

Just pull out the MSFC out of the SUP, why do you want to disable the RP in this case? You can try shutting it like you would a normal blade in your switch but I doubt that would work. Why would Cisco permit you to shut an MSFC? Don't buy it in the first place....

Hi thekidcisco

First, sorry for not answer you, have been in holiday.

This has been a request from a customer witch would love to have a possibility to disable the Router when it misconfig the MSFC.

The MSFC is not a separate Module in the Switch, it is a add on Backpack-Module on the Supervisor, so there is no way to pull it out.

Thank you anyway for writing.

Take care
Pierre

The MSFC is removable from the supervisor. You buy a supervisor with a PFC and can buy a seperate upgrade MSFC which can be field installed.
If you dont want the MSFC can I have it? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back