Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable RDUN /lock down core

Status
Not open for further replies.

camaro67

Technical User
Mar 3, 2005
US
I need your help again ,I have a CS1000E RLS 5.0 I've been asked if there's a way to make changes to the standby core for testing purposes , I know there's a way to lock down a core so that you have active calls using one core while you make changes to the other, after the changes I will need to switch over to the test core to do some testing then switch back and if all testing goes well I will need to sync the data from the test core to the active core and enable redundancy....thanks for your help!

What ind of processors do you have? You have to split the cores in LD 135. Then you can connect to the inactive side and make your changes. Then issue the CUTOVR command in ld 135 to transfer to that core and issue the same command again to transfer back. That is if you have processors new enough to do this like CPPM or Pentium IV. The older motorola processors is done with toggle switches if you have those dinosaurs.

Thank you KCFLHRC I beleive we have cppm this was done before here but that person is no longer here and I can't find any notes on this, my thought was to lock down the system to only use one core and connect a pc to the inactive core to make changes at that point would i issue the split command (locks to one core )in LD135 then make changes on inactive core (could be several days) then once finshed i would issue the cutover command in LD135 to confirm my new config then issue cutover command again to go back to original active core ?
LD135 "SPLIT" locks core
LD135 "CUTOVER" this test's new config
What command would be issued to go back to orignal core? Also does this turn rudunancy off where the system writes any changes to each disk??

Join command puts it back to normal. Best to find the books if you can and do some reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back